- Memorial Day ceremony honoring fallen heroes on Saturday
- StageDoor Theatre announces two upcoming productions in June
- Hummingbirds 101 the program for Audubon
- Shavout: An evening for the heart, mind, body and soul
- CPR class planned for June
- Register online for Freedom Run
- A beautiful way to support CAE
- Volunteers needed along marathon course
- The Western Arts Show celebrates Rodeo Month
TO ENLARGE PHOTOS ON THE HOME PAGE, CLICK ON THE HEADLINE ABOVE OR CONTINUE READING BELOW.
The Bootstraps Board of Directors, parents of students, and generous supporters celebrated the 2017 Bootstraps Awards Recipients at the Lake House on May 15th. Each recipient received special recognition and had the opportunity to meet and thank the people who are responsible for helping them pursue their educational dreams.
The recipients of awards for the 2017/2018 school year are:
- Jasmine Anderson – Conifer High School
- Richard Benson – Evergreen High School
- Kendall Benton – Conifer High School
- Jake Borchard – Conifer High School
- Morgan Brown – Evergreen High School
- Madison Cimler – Evergreen High School
- Jocelyn Clark – Conifer High School
- Antonio Delany – Evergreen High School
- Cheyanna Duran – Conifer High School
- Ryker Eagen – Evergreen High School
StageDoor Theatre in Conifer announces two upcoming productions in June:
"Feiffer's People" in the new Black Box Theatre @ StageDoor Theatre featuring the Junior & Senior Companies
Perfomances: June 2, 3, 4 @ 7:00 PM Tickets: $8.00
"Feiffer's People" is a unique conception by America's renowned humorist, cartoonist and social satirist Jules Feiffer. It is made up of sketches, monologues, and playlets that are wildly funny and bitingly sharp observations of the modern world. "Feiffer's People" is the starting point for a creative theatre experience that will be shared by all as they participate in the excitement, and sheer fun, of using the stage as a forum for the awareness of human frailty, but always softened by the gently balm of laughter. Come join us in this unique comedy, performed in our NEW Black Box Theatre. Only 40 seats available at each show! Rated PG
"Avenue Q" opens at StageDoor Theatre! featuring StageDoor's Adult Company, under the direction of Justin Johnson, with musical direction from Tanner Kelly and choreography by Tracy Doty.
“I had a real Leave It To Beaver upbringing,” Tom Scripps says. “My parents gave me a good sense of values and a strong work ethic.” He was born in Peoria, IL but at a year old moved with his family to Milwaukee where he was raised with two older brothers and a younger sister.
“I was a Caterpillar brat. My dad worked for Caterpillar Manufacturing for over 40 years and managed the Milwaukee plant for 15, overseeing 600 employees before he retired. One of the things he really stressed to us was that no person is better than another, and that’s a lesson I’ve carried with me all my life.”
Tom graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas and then attended graduate school in Fort Collins where he gained a Master’s in Statistics. “Ann Moore, a good friend and fellow Evergreen Chorale Member, once told me I’m the most right-brained statistician she’s ever met,” he says. Given his varied interests, she’s probably right.
In addition to maintaining his own successful company, Tom is on the board of The Chorale and has previously served as the organization’s president. In his youth, he took lessons from a jazz pianist and continues to enjoy playing jazz to this day.