(1919 - 2006)
Born in NYC; moved to Evergreen in 1947 after Civilian Public Service during WWII building dams and doing erosion control for farmers in Indiana, North Dakota, and California. Conscientious objector who remained ardently anti-war to the end of his life.
Owned custom homebuilding business, The Woodpeckers, known for its fine workmanship and the fair deal given to each customer. Helped found the Evergreen Volunteer Fire Dept. and the volunteer ambulance service. Served as a volunteer ambulance driver and volunteer firefighter from 1948-1954; elected to the fire district board of directors. Helped found The Evergreen Naturalists Audubon Society, now known as Evergreen Audubon. Helped found Evergreen Kiwanis Club in 1951; served as president.
Member of Evergreen Design Council, which offered inut on local developments to the Jeffco Planning Commission. Member of the Evergreen Community Advisory Group, which helped develop the Evergreen Area Community Plan. As a volunteer, drew up the blueprints for the Evergreen Ambulance Barn, 1984. Board member of Bootstraps, Evergreen Scholarship Association, Forest Heights Lodge.
Received the Evergreen Community Service Award in 1989 for his devotion to making Evergreen a better lace to live.
Source: Debbie Marshall